UGC NET Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern PDF Download: Hey Guys!! Get the latest update regarding the UGC NET Exam Syllabus 2022 here from this article. All the aspirants who have submitted their applications for the NET Exam 2022 can check this page for UGC NET Exam Syllabus. The higher officials are planning to conduct the exam on the announced date for all the interested candidates. This page is filled with information on the UGC NTA NET Syllabus 2022. For the sake of the aspirants, we have also provided the direct link at the end of this page. So, click on the direct link and download the UGC Syllabus 2022 and start your preparation for the exam.
The exam consists of two papers and both papers are objective-type multiple-choice questions. The exam shall be conducted in Computer Based Test (CBT) with a total number of 150 questions. The time allotted for the exam is 3 hours or 180 minutes. The subjects included in this exam are Reasoning Ability, Reading Comprehension, Divergent Thinking, General Awareness, and Concerned subject. The exam is for a total of 300 marks and there shall be no negative marking. The question paper shall be in both English and Hindi and each question weighs 2 marks.
- 1 UGC NET Syllabus 2022 – Details
- 2 UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022
- 3 UGC NET Syllabus 2022 PDF
- 3.1 Paper I General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude
- 3.1.1 Unit 1 Teaching Aptitude
- 3.1.2 Unit 2 Research Aptitude
- 3.1.3 Unit 3 Comprehension
- 3.1.4 Unit 4 Communication
- 3.1.5 Unit 5 Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- 3.1.6 Unit 6 Logical Reasoning
- 3.1.7 Unit 7 Data Interpretation
- 3.1.8 Unit 8 Information And Communication Technology (ICT)
- 3.1.9 Unit 9 People, Development and Environment
- 3.2 Unit 10 Higher Education System
- 3.3 Paper 2 Syllabus is as follows:
- 3.1 Paper I General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude
- 4 UGC NET Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern – Important Link PDF
UGC NET Syllabus 2022 – Details
|UGC NET Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern PDF Download|
|Name of the Organization||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Exam Name||National Eligibility Test (NET)|
|Category||Entrance Exam Syllabus|
UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022
This section will give you an update regarding the UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022 for all the candidates who are searching all over the internet. This UGC NET Exam Pattern 2022 will help the students in understanding the paper structure and how the question paper will be in the examination. Moreover, it will also help you in getting an idea of the total number of questions, the total number of marks, subject names, and the time duration of the exam. Knowing these details will help in getting the highest score in the examination and also help in time management. Candidates can prepare a timetable and get started with their exam preparation.
|Paper||Name of the Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks|
|Paper I||The questions in the Paper I intends to
assess the teaching/ research aptitude
of the candidate. It will primarily be
designed to test reasoning ability,
reading comprehension, divergent
thinking and general awareness of the
|50 questions||100 marks|
|Paper-II||This is based on the subject selected
by the candidate and will assess
|100 questions||200 marks|
|Total||150 Questions||300 Marks|
|Duration: 180 Minutes|
UGC NET Syllabus 2022 PDF
The UGC NET Syllabus 2022 plays an important role in the exam as it helps in understanding the chapters that are included in the exam which are to be prepared by the applicants. We have given the complete UGC NTA NET Syllabus 2022 here on this page for easy preparation. This UGC Syllabus 2022 is collected from the official site and for more queries aspirants can also visit the official site. Knowing the topics and sub-topics will help in getting a good score in the examination. Check out the below direct link and download the UGC NET Exam Syllabus 2022 in the form of a pdf. The pdf contains all the topics and sub-topics for every subject which will be very useful for all the candidates taking the exam.
Paper I General Paper on Teaching and Research Aptitude
Unit 1 Teaching Aptitude
- Teaching: Concept, Objectives, Levels of teaching (Memory, Understanding, and Reflective), Characteristics, and basic requirements.
- Learner’s characteristics: Characteristics of adolescent and adult learners (Academic, Social, Emotional, and Cognitive), Individual differences.
- Factors affecting teaching related to: Teacher, Learner, Support material, Instructional facilities, Learning environment, and Institution.
- Methods of teaching in Institutions of higher learning: Teacher-centered vs. Learner-centered methods; offline vs. Online methods (Swayam, Swayamprabha, MOOCs, etc.).
- Teaching Support System: Traditional, Modern, and ICT-based.
- Evaluation Systems: Elements and Types of evaluation, Evaluation in Choice Based Credit System in Higher education, Computer-based testing, Innovations in evaluation systems.
Unit 2 Research Aptitude
- Research: Meaning, Types, and Characteristics, Positivism and Postpositivistic approach to research.
- Methods of Research: Experimental, Descriptive, Historical, Qualitative and Quantitative methods.
- Steps of Research.
- Thesis and Article writing: Format and styles of referencing.
- Application of ICT in research.
- Research ethics.
Unit 3 Comprehension
- A passage of text is given. Questions are asked from the passage to be answered.
Unit 4 Communication
- Communication: Meaning, types, and characteristics of communication.
- Effective communication: Verbal and Non-verbal, Inter-Cultural and group communications, Classroom communication.
- Barriers to effective communication.
- Mass-Media and Society.
Unit 5 Mathematical Reasoning and Aptitude
- Types of reasoning.
- Number series, Letter series, Codes, and Relationships.
- Mathematical Aptitude (Fraction, Time & Distance, Ratio, Proportion, and Percentage, Profit and Loss, Interest and Discounting, Averages, etc.).
Unit 6 Logical Reasoning
- Understanding the structure of arguments: argument forms, the structure of categorical propositions, Mood and Figure, Formal and Informal fallacies, Uses of language, Connotations, and denotations of terms, and the Classical square of opposition. Evaluating and distinguishing deductive and inductive reasoning. Analogies.
- Venn diagram: Simple and multiple uses for establishing the validity of arguments.
- Indian Logic: Means of knowledge.
- Pramanas: Pratyaksha (Perception), Anumana (Inference), Upamana (Comparison), Shabda (Verbal testimony), Arthapatti (Implication), and Anupalabddhi (Nonapprehension).
- Structure and kinds of Anumana (inference), Vyapti (invariable relation), and Hetvabhasas (fallacies of inference).
Unit 7 Data Interpretation
- Sources, acquisition, and classification of Data.
- Quantitative and Qualitative Data.
- Graphical representation (Bar-chart, Histograms, Pie-chart, Table-chart, and Line-chart) and mapping of Data.
- Data Interpretation.
- Data and Governance.
Unit 8 Information And Communication Technology (ICT)
- ICT: General abbreviations and terminology.
- Basics of the Internet, Intranet, E-mail, Audio, and Video-conferencing.
- Digital initiatives in higher education.
- ICT and Governance.
Unit 9 People, Development and Environment
- Development and environment: Millennium development and Sustainable development goals.
- Human and environment interaction: Anthropogenic activities and their impacts on the environment.
- Environmental issues: Local, Regional and Global; Air pollution, Water pollution, Soil pollution, Noise pollution, Waste (solid, liquid, biomedical, hazardous, electronic), Climate change and its Socio-Economic and Political dimensions.
- Impacts of pollutants on human health. Natural and energy resources: Solar, Wind, Soil, Hydro, Geothermal, Biomass, Nuclear, and Forests.
- Natural hazards and disasters: Mitigation strategies.
- Environmental Protection Act (1986), National Action Plan on Climate Change, International agreements/efforts -Montreal Protocol, Rio Summit, Convention on Biodiversity, Kyoto Protocol, Paris Agreement, International Solar Alliance.
Unit 10 Higher Education System
- Institutions of higher learning and education in ancient India.
- Evolution of higher learning and research in Post Independence India.
- Oriental, Conventional, and Non-conventional learning programs in India.
- Professional, Technical, and Skill-Based education.
- Value education and environmental education.
- Policies, Governance, and Administration.
Paper 2 Syllabus is as follows:
|Subject Code||Subject||Syllabus [in English]||Syllabus [in Hindi]|
|01||Economics/ Rural Economics/Co-operation/ Demography/ Development Planning/ Development Studies/ Econometrics/ Applied Economics/ Development Eco./ Business Economics||Download||Download|
|11||Defense and Strategic Studies||Download||Download|
|17||Management (including Business Admn. Mgt./ Marketing/ Marketing Mgt./ Industrial Relations and Personnel Mgt./ Personnel Mgt./ Financial Mgt./ Co-operative Management)||Download||Download|
|39||French (French Version)||Download||Download|
|46||Adult Education/ Continuing Education/ Andragogy/ Non Formal Education.||Download||Download|
|49||Arab Culture and Islamic Studies||Download||Download|
|55||Labour Welfare/ Personnel Management/ Industrial Relations/ Labour and Social Welfare/ Human Resource Management||Download||Download|
|59||Library and Information Science||Download||Download|
|60||Buddhist, Jaina, Gandhian, and Peace Studies||Download||Download|
|62||Comparative Study of Religions||Download||Download|
|63||Mass Communication and Journalism||Download||Download|
|65||Performing Art – Dance/ Drama/ Theatre||Download||Download|
|66||Museology & Conservation||Download||Download|
|70||Tribal and Regional Language/ Literature||Download||Download|
|73||Sanskrit traditional subjects (including) Jyotisha/ Sidhanta Jyotish/ Navya Vyakarna/ Vyakarna/ Mimansa/ Navya Nyaya/ Sankhya Yoga/ Tulanatmaka Darsan/ Shukla Yajurveda/ Madhav Vedant/ Dharmasasta/ Sahitya/ Puranotihasa /Agama).||Download|
|79||Visual Art (including Drawing & Painting/Sculpture Graphics/Applied Art/History of Art)||Download||Download|
|81||Social Medicine & Community Health||Download||Download|
|87||Computer Science and Applications||Download||Download|
|90||Politics including International Relations/ International Studies including Defence/ Strategic Studies, West Asian Studies, South East Asian Studies, African Studies, South Asian Studies, Soviet Studies, and American Studies.||Download||Download|
|92||Human Rights and Duties||Download||Download|
|93||Tourism Administration and Management.||Download||Download|
UGC NET Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern – Important Link PDF
|UGC NET Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern PDF – Important Link|
|To Check And Download UGC NET Exam Syllabus 2022||Click Here|
|To Check And Download UGC NET Exam Pattern||Click Here|
We hope you got the data that you were looking for regarding the UGC NET Syllabus & Exam Pattern 2022 for more keep checking our site @ Exams.Freshersnow.Com.
|★ You Can Also Check ★|
|UGC NET||UGC NET Previous Question Papers|
|UGC NET Admit Card||UGC NET Answer Key|
|UGC NET Cut Off||UGC NET Result|
|Best Books For UGC NET||How To Prepare For UGC NET|