NID DAT 2023 | B.Des & M.Des Registration (Started), Exam Date, Eligibility: Candidates who are searching for the NID DAT 2023 can check this article. The NID DAT 2023 Registration Process started on 21st October 2022 and ends on 16th December 2022. Besides, we have arranged the direct link of NID Application Form 2023 for free of cost. Also, candidates can get details from the below sections such as NID Entrance Exam 2023 Eligibility Criteria, Application Fee, Important Dates, Registration Process, etc. And the officials are going to conduct the Prelims exam on 8th January 2023.
- 1 NID DAT 2023
- 2 NID DAT 2023 – Details
- 3 NID Entrance Exam 2023 – Important Dates
- 4 NID Design Aptitude Test 2023 Eligibility
- 5 NID DAT 2023 – Fee Details
- 6 NID 2023
- 7 NID DAT 2023 Registration Process
- 8 NID DAT 2023 Important Links
- 9 NID DAT 2023 Exam Pattern
- 10 NID DAT 2023 Syllabus
- 11 NID DAT 2023 Admit Card
- 12 NID DAT 2023 Answer Key
- 13 NID DAT 2023 Results
- 14 NID DAT 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions
NID DAT 2023
All the candidates who are interested to apply for Bachelor of Design (B.Des.), Master of Design (M.Des.) Admission to the National Institute of Design (NID) can register before the last date. Interested candidates can apply for NID DAT 2023 Exam from the direct link given below. NID DAT Mains Exam will be conducted for B.Des on 29th April 2023, and M.Des on 20th March 2023. Scroll down the below sections to know more details about the NID DAT 2023.
NID DAT 2023 – Details
|NID DAT 2023 | B.Des & M.Des Registrations, Exam Date, Eligibility|
|Organization Name||National Institute of Design (NID)|
|Name of the Examination||Design Aptitude Test (DAT)|
|Online Registration Start Date||Started|
|Online Registration Last Date||16th December 2022|
|Category||Design Entrance Exams|
|DAT 2023 Exam Date||
|Mode Of Application||Online|
NID Entrance Exam 2023 – Important Dates
|Accepting Application Forms online starts||Friday, 21st October 2022|
|Last date for submitting an online application||Friday, 1600 hrs. 16th December 2022|
|Submission of online application with payment of late fees||Friday, 1800 hrs. 16th December To Monday, 1600 hrs. 19th December 2022|
|Window to edit the application forms||Tuesday, 1600 hrs. 20th December 2022 To Thursday, 1600 hrs. 22nd December 2022|
|Download Admit Cards for DAT Prelims||Friday, 1600 hrs. 30th December 2022|
|DAT Prelims Exam||Sunday, 8th January 2023|
|DAT Prelims result||
|Rechecking Request for DAT Prelims||
|Download Admit Card for DAT Mains||
|DAT Mains Exam||
|DAT Mains Result||
|Window for submission of Campus Preference||B.Des: Thursday, 1600 hrs. 18th May 2023 To Saturday, 1600 hrs. 19th May 2023|
|Rechecking Request for DAT Mains||
|Payment of Token Fees & Uploading of Documents||
|Provisional Offer Letter of Admissions||First week of June 2023|
The candidates can modify the details filled in the application form (except the Programme Applied in, Name of the Candidate, Date of Birth, Registered Mobile Number & Registered Email ID) at the time when ‘Window to Edit’ opens. In case, the candidate changes his/ her applied category during the “Window to Edit” period, the applicable additional application form fees will have to be paid by the candidate. However, no refund of excess fees will be made in the case of any category change.
NID Design Aptitude Test 2023 Eligibility
Bachelor Of Design
All candidates applying for the B.Des. must fulfill the eligibility criteria of both age and education qualification as under.
- For Indian Nationals in General Category and General EWS Category: Only those candidates born on or after 1 July 2002 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Indian Nationals in Reserved Category (Other Backward Class-Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL), Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST): Only those candidates born on or after 1 July 1999 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Indian Nationals in PwD Reserved Category: Only those candidates born on or after 1 July 1997 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Foreign Nationals in Overseas (Supernumerary) Category: Only those candidates born on or after 1 July 2002 are eligible to apply for admission.
Applications for the academic year 2023–24 are open to candidates who have passed or will appear for higher secondary (10+2) qualifying examinations in the academic year 2021–22 in any stream (Science, Arts, Commerce, Humanities, etc.) from any recognized board of education such as CBSE, IB, ICSE or equivalent.
Master Of Design
- For Indian Nationals in General Category & General EWS Category: Only those candidates born on or after 1 July 1992 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Indian Nationals in Reserved Category (Other Backward Class-Non Creamy Layer (OBCNCL), Scheduled Caste (SC) & Scheduled Tribe (ST): Only those candidates born on or after 1 July 1989 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Indian Nationals in Person with Disabilities (PwD) Reserved Category: Only those
candidates born on or after 1 July 1987 are eligible to apply for admission.
- For Foreign Nationals in Overseas (Supernumerary) Category: Only those candidates born on or after 1 July 1992 are eligible to apply for admission.
- Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 4-year duration in any specialization, after 12th standard or equivalent to 12th standard from any university or institute recognized by law in India.
- Full-time Diploma of minimum 4-year duration in Design/ Fine Arts/ Applied Arts/ Architecture, after 12th standard or equivalent to 12th standard, from any university or institute recognized by law in India.
- Bachelor’s Degree of minimum 3-year duration in any specialization, after 12th standard or equivalent to 12th standard.
Candidates must have passed all the above examinations at the time of document verification tentatively scheduled in May/ June 2023.
NID DAT 2023 – Fee Details
|Course||Category||Application Fee (in Rs.)|
|B. Des||General /OBC-NCL/ General -EWS||Rs. 3000/-|
|SC/ ST/ General- EWS-PwD/ General- PwD/ OBC -NCL- PWD/ SC- PWD/ ST -PWD||Rs. 1500/-|
|Overseas Candidates||Rs. 5000/-|
|M. Des||General/ General- EWS/ OBC- NCL||
|SC/ ST/ General -PWD/ General- EWS-PwD/ OBC -NCL- PWD/ SC- PWD/ ST -PWD||
The higher authorities of the National Institute of Design (NID) have announced the NID Application Form 2023 process from 21st October 2022 To 16th December 2022.
NID DAT 2023 Registration Process
Step 1: Signup/ Registration
1. All the candidates are required to register/ sign up online (by selecting Programme of The study, Nationality & Category) before proceeding to fill the application form. This is to be done only at https://admissions.nid.edu.
2. Candidates must provide a valid email address and an active mobile number while registering. Since this email address and mobile number will be used for all future communications with the candidate, the candidate will receive an OTP on the Registered Email ID and Mobile Number, for validation. The Name of the Candidate, Programme Applied in, Date of Birth, Registered Email ID, and Registered Mobile Number cannot be changed at any stage. Ensure that this email ID and mobile number are active. Candidates are advised to check their email and SMS on a regular basis for any important communication made by the Admissions Cell via email id email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. After registration, login credentials will be sent via an email to the registered email address (do remember to check your Spam or Junk folders in case you do not find the email in your Inbox).
4. Log in to your account using your Registered Email ID, Date of Birth, and Password to proceed further.
5. In case you forget the password, click on “Forgot Password”. You will receive a new auto
generated password on your registered email ID.
6. If you wish to change the password, log in using the existing password and click on the
“Change Password” link provided on the Home page.
Step-2: Fill the Online Regisration
1. Log in and proceed to Step 2–Application Form.
2. Fill in all the required details
3. The candidates can modify the details filled in the application form (except the Programme Applied in, Name of the Candidate, Date of Birth, Registered Mobile Number & Registered Email ID) at the time when ‘Window to Edit’ opens. In case, the candidate changes his/ her applied category during the “Window to Edit” period, the applicable additional application form fees will have to be paid by the candidate. However, no refund
of excess fees will be made in the case of any category change.
4. After filling in all details, click ‘Save & Proceed’ to go to the next section ‘Upload Document’.
5. Click ‘Save & Exit’ to complete the form at a later time or date.
Step 3: Uploading your Documents and signature
- Checklist of documents to be uploaded by candidates submitting their application under
reserved category at the time of applying online.
- Click ‘Save & Proceed’ to go to the next section to pay Application Fees. Your Application form will be accepted only after successful payment of the application fees
- If you wish to complete the form later after uploading all the necessary documents, you
can click ‘Save and Exit’.
Step 4: Pay Application Fee and Print
1. Application fee is NEITHER refundable NOR transferable.
2. The Application fees paid online (by Debit/ Credit Card) DOES NOT INCLUDE any bank transaction charges/ convenience fee, and the same, as applicable, will have to be borne by the candidate.
3. Candidates will be asked to verify their details, after which they can proceed to make the payment.
4. The fees for the application can be paid only through Debit/ Credit Card
5. You will be directed to the payment gateway. After completing the payment process, you will be redirected to the ‘Print’ section where you can save and print a copy of your application form (which would be done only after successful payment of the application
6. Window to Edit Application Form.
NID DAT 2023 Important Links
|NID DAT 2023 Registration – Important Link|
|NID DAT 2023 Notification Details||Click Here|
|NID DAT 2023 Application Form||Click Here (Available Now)|
NID DAT 2023 Exam Pattern
- For B.Des: The B.Des DAT prelims paper will consist of an examination of 3 hours duration and 100 marks. This is a paper and pencil/ pen test, conducted at the same time on the same day across all test center. The questions asked may involve text and visuals. The question paper will be in English Language only.
- For M.Des: The M.Des DAT Prelims paper is of 100 marks, comprising of a Common Design Aptitude Test and a Discipline Specific Test, which together will evaluate the Design Aptitude of the candidate. The DAT Prelims paper comprises of a mix of objective and subjective type questions. The question paper will be in English Language only.
NID DAT 2023 Syllabus
The NID DAT 2023 Entrance Exam contains questions on topics like subjects of design, visual design, environmental sensitivity, drawing skills, thematic color arrangement, animation and abstract symbolism, memory drawing, proportions and perspective, general mental ability, composition, and communication skills. For the sake of candidates, we will also provide the direct link for the NID DAT Syllabus PDF. So, you can download it and then start preparing for the test.
NID DAT 2023 Admit Card
Admit Cards for the NID DAT Prelims Exam 2023 have been made available for download on the NID website (admissions.nid.edu) on 30th December 2022. It is the responsibility of the candidates to download and print their own Admit Cards. Reporting time will be mentioned in the DAT Prelims Admit Card. And the NID DAT M.Des, B.Des Exam will be conducted on 8th January 2023.
NID DAT 2023 Answer Key
The question booklet cum Answer key of the DAT exams will not be available even upon request. The DAT exams question booklet cannot be shared as it is highly subjective in nature, and may not be furnished, in the larger public interest.
NID DAT 2023 Results
In order to be considered for the merit list, a candidate must have appeared for all the tests in both the DAT Prelims and the DAT Mains exams.
Results for DAT Prelims
Based on the scores obtained in the DAT Prelims, separate merit lists shall be prepared for each category as applied for by the candidate (GENERAL, GENERAL-EWS, OBC-NCL, SC, ST, PwD & OVERSEAS). Results for admission to NID for the Academic Year 2023 -24 for the B.Des. (including Overseas candidates) will be declared only on the official admissions website (https://admissions.nid.edu) as per the schedule announced in Section 2 of this document. The candidates’ scores will also be available for viewing at this time.
Separate result scorecards (digital or hard copy) will NOT be provided to the candidates. Scores obtained in NID’s DAT exam cannot be used by any person/ institution without the prior permission of the National Institute of Design.
Candidates Shortlisted for DAT Mains
Based on the Merit list of DAT Prelims, eligible candidates will get to appear for DAT Mains. The number of candidates shortlisted will be no less than three times in each category applied for by the candidate (GENERAL, GENERAL-EWS, OBC-NCL, SC, ST, PwD & OVERSEAS). Please refer official site to see the total number of seats available. If the total scores of two or more candidates in the DAT Prelims are the same after applying the tie-break policy, they will be assigned the same rank.
|You Can Also Check|
|Best Books for NID DAT||NID DAT Syllabus|
|NID DAT Previous Question Papers||NID DAT Answer Key|
|NID DAT Result||How To Prepare for NID DAT|
We have gathered and given the complete information on NID DAT 2023 in this article. Keep in touch with us at Exams.freshersnow.com for further updates.
NID DAT 2023 – Frequently Asked Questions
How can I apply for NID DAT 2023?
Candidates can apply for NID DAT 2023 from our site or from the official site @ nid.edu.
What is the last date to register for NID DAT 2023?
16th December 2022 is the last date to register for NID DAT 2023.
On which date the NID DAT 2023 Prelims Exam will be conducted?
NID DAT 2023 Prelims Exam will be conducted on 8th January 2023.
Where can I get the latest news about the NID DAT 2023?
Applicants can get the latest news about the NID DAT 2023 from our site Exams.Freshersnow.Com.