ISI Admission Test Syllabus 2022 & Exam Pattern PDF Download: The Indian Statistical Institute will conduct the ISI Admission Test 2022 to provide admissions in various undergraduate and postgraduate courses for candidates including statistics, science, and technology. All the candidates who have successfully submitted the ISI Admission Test Application Process must read this article to get the detailed ISI Admission Test Syllabus 2022. Through this web page, aspirants will get the complete info of the Indian Statistical Institute Test Syllabus 2022 PDF.
So, start preparing for the ISI Admission Test 2022 by using the given information. For the sake of the candidates, we have also provided the ISI Admission Test Pattern 2022. At the end of this page, the direct link for the ISI Admission Test Syllabus & Exam Pattern PDF download is attached. Go through the complete page and then start preparing for the Indian Statistical Institute Admission Test 2022. The ISI Admission Test Pattern is different for each post. So, check this complete page, and have the complete knowledge of the ISI Admission Test Pattern.
ISI Admission Test Syllabus 2022 – Details
|Name of the Organization||Himachal Pradesh University (HPU)|
|Examination Name||ISI Admission|
|Category||Entrance Exam Syllabus|
ISI Admission Test Pattern 2022
|Sections||Number of questions||Minimum Marks||Time Duration|
|Section A||30||30||2 Hrs|
|Section B||70||70||2 Hrs|
- Mode of exam: Offline mode.
- Session: There are two sessions Forenoon session (MCQ) and the Afternoon session (Descriptive type)
- Marking scheme: For the correct answer, 1 mark is awarded and for no or incorrect answer 0 marks are awarded.
- Types of questions: (i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) – There is a total of 30 questions in the exam.
(ii) Descriptive type: In this candidates have to write the answers.
ISI Admission Test Syllabus 2022
B.Stat, B Math
- Arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions. Trigonometry. Two-dimensional coordinate geometry: Straight lines, circles, parabolas, ellipses, and hyperbolas.
- Elementary set theory. Functions and relations. Elementary combinatorics: Permutations and combinations, Binomial and multinomial theorem.
- Theory of equations.
- Complex numbers and De Moivre’s theorem.
- Vector spaces. Determinant, rank, trace, and inverse of a matrix. System of linear equations. Eigenvalues and eigenvectors of matrices.
- Limit and continuity of functions of one variable. Differentiation and integration. Applications of differential calculus, maxima, and minima.
Statistics and Probability
- Notions of sample space and probability. Combinatorial probability. Conditional probability and independence. Bayes Theorem. Random variables and expectations. Moments and moment generating functions. Standard univariate discrete and continuous distributions. Distribution of functions of a random variable. Distribution of order statistics. Joint probability distributions. Marginal and conditional probability distributions. Multinomial distribution. Bivariate normal and multivariate normal distributions.
- Sampling distributions of statistics. Statement and applications of Weak law of large numbers and Central limit theorem.
- Descriptive statistical measures. Pearson product-moment correlation and Spearman’s rank correlation. Simple and multiple linear regression.
- Elementary theory of estimation (unbiasedness, minimum variance, sufficiency). Methods of estimation (maximum likelihood method, method of moments). Tests of hypotheses (basic concepts and simple applications of Neyman-Pearson Lemma). Confidence intervals. Inference related to regression.
- Basic experimental designs such as CRD, RBD, LSD, and their analyses. ANOVA. Elements of factorial designs. Conventional sampling techniques (SRSWR/SRSWOR) include stratification.
- Countable and uncountable sets;
- Equivalence relations and partitions;
- Convergence and divergence of sequences and series;
- Cauchy sequence and completeness;
- Bolzano‐Weierstrass theorem;
- Continuity, uniform continuity, differentiability, Taylor Expansion;
- Partial and directional derivatives, Jacobians;
- Integral calculus of one variable – the existence of Riemann integral;
- Fundamental theorem of calculus, change of variable, improper integrals;
- Elementary topological notions for metric spaces – open, closed, and compact sets;
- Connectedness, continuity of functions;
- Sequence and series of functions;
- Elements of ordinary differential equations.
- Vector spaces, subspaces, basis, dimension, direct sum;
- Matrices, systems of linear equations, determinants;
- Diagonalization, triangular forms;
- Linear transformations and their representation as matrices;
- Groups, subgroups, quotient groups, homomorphisms, products,
- Lagrange’s theorem, Sylow’s theorems;
- Rings, ideals, maximal ideals, prime ideals, quotient rings;
- Integral domains, Chinese remainder theorem, polynomial rings, fields.
- Combinatorial probability, events, random variables, independence, expectation, and variance;
- Standard discrete random variables (uniform, binomial, geometric, hypergeometric, Poisson, etc);
- Conditional probability, conditional expectation, Bayes’ theorem.
Note: Check the below PDF and have the complete information about the Syllabus.
|To Download ISI Admission Test Syllabus PDF & Exam Pattern||Click Here|
We hope that the information about the ISI Admission Test Syllabus 2022 and the given Indian Statistical Institute Exam Pattern 2022 is very helpful for your reference. To know the more updated information, you all have to stay with our site Exams.Freshersnow.com and get updates daily.
|You Can Also Check|
|ISI Admission Test||ISI Admission Test Previous Question Papers|
|ISI Admission Test Admit Card||ISI Admission Test Result|
|ISI Admission Test Answer Key|