GATE 2022 – IIT Kharagpur GATE Exam Dates, Answer Key (Released On 21st February), Application Form Correction Till 15th November 2021, Eligibility: The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is going to be initiated by the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT). The authorities have announced the GATE 2022 Exam Dates i.e, 5th, 6th, 12th, and 13th of February 2022. So, candidates who are gearing up to take the GATE Exam 2022 must begin with the registration process. In addition, the GATE 2022 application process begins on 2nd September 2021, and the Application deadline has been extended up to 30th September 2021 (Thursday) with No Additional Fees. Further, two new papers Naval Architecture and Geomatics Engineering (GE) have been added to GATE 2022. To assist the aspirants we have developed this page with complete details of GATE 2022 – IIT Kharagpur.
New Update: The GATE 2022 Answer Key Released is Announced. So, check and download the Answer Key.
The sections below contain information such as Gate 2022 Eligibility, registration, application process, application fee, admit card, exam pattern, syllabus, etc. Scroll down reading this page to be content enough about the Gate 2022 IIT Kharagpur.
GATE 2022 – Overview
|GATE 2022 – IIT Kharagpur|
|Name Of The Organization||Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT Kharagpur)|
|Name Of The Examination||Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)|
|Date Of Examination||5th, 6th, 12th, and 13th of February 2022|
|Category||Common Exams, Engineering|
|Online Application Process Opens||2nd September 2021.|
|Official Site To Fill Application Form||gate.iitkgp.ac.in|
|Application Closing Date||30th September 2021|
- 1 About GATE Exam 2022
- 2 GATE 2022 – Important Dates
- 3 GATE 2022 Eligibility
- 4 Gate 2022 Application Process
- 5 GATE 2022 Application Fee
- 6 Filling GATE 2022 Application Form
- 7 How To Apply For GATE 2022 Exam?
- 8 GATE 2022 Admit Card
- 9 GATE 2022 Exam Pattern
- 10 GATE 2022 Syllabus
- 11 GATE 2022 Result
- 12 GATE 2022 – Frequently Asked Questions
About GATE Exam 2022
The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is a test that estimates a student’s overall understanding of various undergraduate engineering and science subjects for admission to a Master’s Program and Recruitment by some Public Sector Companies. GATE 2022 is organizing by the Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT Kharagpur) and six other Indian Institutes of Technology in Mumbai, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Chennai, Roorkee, and Indian Institute of Science (IISC) at Bengaluru on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, The Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Education (MoE), Government of India.
All the information regarding the Gate 2022 IIT Kharagpur, have been vividly given on this page, read all the section-wise information below for better understanding.
GATE 2022 – Important Dates
Check this section for all the IIT Kharagpur GATE 2022 important dates. Aspirants should cling to the dates prescribed by the authorities. Have a look at the table and be sure to follow up.
|GATE 2022 IIT Kharagpur Important Dates|
|Online Application Process Opens||2nd September 2021|
|Closing Date of REGULAR online registration/ application process||30th September 2021|
|Closing date of online application portal. (Extended period with late fee).||7th October 2021|
|Display of defective applications for rectification.||26th October 2021|
|Last date for rectification of Applications||18th November 2021|
|Last Date for change of Category, Paper, and Examination City (an additional fee will be applicable)||15th November 2021|
|Admit Card will be available for download||7th January 2022|
|GATE 2022 Examination|
Forenoon: 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon (Tentative)
Afternoon: 2:30 PM to 5:30 PM (Tentative)
|5th, 6th, 12th, and 13th February 2022|
|GATE 2022 Answer Keys Available in Application Portal||21st February 2022|
|Challenges by Candidates on Answer Keys with Payment of ₹ 500 for each question||22nd February 2022 To 25th February 2022|
|Announcement of the Results in the Online Application Portal||17th March 2022|
|Score card available for download from Application Portal||21st March 2022|
GATE 2022 Eligibility
Candidates must ensure to meet the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2022 Eligibility Criteria before take up the GATE 2022 IIT Kharagpur application process.
A candidate who is currently studying in the 3rd or higher years of any undergraduate degree program or has already completed any government-approved degree program in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science / Commerce / Arts is eligible for appearing in the GATE 2022. Those with any of the following degrees are eligible to apply for GATE 2021, check the details.
- BE / B.Tech / B.Pharma: Bachelor’s degree in Engineering / Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc. / Diploma in Engineering / Technology) 4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after B.Sc / Diploma in engineering
- B.Arch: Bachelor’s degree of Architecture (5- year course) / Naval Architecture (4- year
course) / Planning (4- year course)
- B.Sc (Research) / B.S.: Bachelor’s degree in Science (PostDiploma/4 years after 10+2)
- M.B.B.S: Degree holders of M.B.B.S. and those who are in the 5th/6th/7th semester or higher semester of such programme.
- M.Sc / MA / MCA or equivalent: masters degree in any branch of science / mathematics / statistics / computer applications or equivalent
- Int. M.E./ M.Tech. (Post-B.Sc.): Post-B.Sc Integrated Master’s degree programs in Engineering/ Technology (4-year program)
- Integrated ME / M.Tech Dual Degree (after Diploma or 10+2): Integrated Master’s degree program or Dual Degree program in Engineering/ Technology (5-year program)
- B.Sc. / B.A. / B.Com: Bachelor degree in any branch of Science / Arts / Commerce (3 year program)
- Int. M.Sc. / Int. B.S. / M.S: Integrated M.Sc or Integrated BS-MS
- Professional society exams that are equivalent to BE / B.Tech / B.Arch: B.E./ B.Tech./ B.Arch. equivalent examinations of Professional Societies, recognized by MoE/UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by Institution of EngineersIndia, AMICE by the Institute of Civil Engineers-India and so on)
Gate 2022 Application Process
Application for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2022 must be submitted by paying the necessary application fees. The photograph, signature, category certificate (SC / ST / PwD) and/ or Dyslexic certificate, wherever applicable, must be uploaded during the online application. Candidates must enter the valid photo identity (ID) number specified in any one of the following IDs:
- Aadhaar-UID (preferable)
- Passport, PAN Card,
- Voter ID
- Driving License.
The Candidate MUST produce the SAME original valid photo ID proof during the examination for verification purposes. In the absence of the same original valid photo ID proof, the candidate will not be allowed to appear for the GATE 2022 examination.
GATE 2022 Application Fee
Payments have to be made online by using either net banking/ debit card/ credit card/ wallet. As per the prevailing norms, additional online transaction charges or bank charges may be applicable. These charges will be specified on the payment portal. The application fee is neither refundable nor transferable.
|For Examination Centers in India||Regular Period|
(30th August to 24th Sept. 2021)
|During the Extended Period(25th Sep. to 1st Oct. 2021)|
|Female candidates (per paper)||INR 750||INR 1250|
|SC / ST / PwD* category candidates (per paper)||INR 750||INR 1250|
|All Other Candidates (Per paper)||INR 1500||INR 2000|
Filling GATE 2022 Application Form
- Registration: Candidates must first register by providing their Full Name, a valid e-mail address, and a password. This e-mail address and/or mobile phone number will receive all communications from the GATE Offices. Give your personal phone number as well as your email address.
- Enrolment ID: An Enrolment ID will be given to each candidate who has completed the registration process. The candidate will receive an e-mail containing the Enrolment ID after completing the registration process. Until the examination is completed, this Enrolment ID will be the reference ID for all future communication.
- Password: During Enrolment, the candidate must select a password. To access your account, you must remember this password as well as your Enrolment ID. It is strongly advised to choose a password that is difficult to guess. Maintain the safety, security, and confidentiality of your password information.
The GATE 2022 website allows you to enter data, save a partially completed form, log out, and then log back in to finish the form. The online application process is simple and self-explanatory. Additional assistance in filling out the various fields will also be made available. When completing the GATE 2022 IIT Kharagpur online application form, the following information will be required. In case of any errors in the application form, the officials will display Defective Applications for GATE 2022 Rectifications.
- Full Name
- Personal Mobile Number
- Parents Name
- Parents Mobile Number
- Address for Communication (including PIN code)
- Eligibility degree details
- College name and address with PIN code
- GATE paper(s) (subject)
- Choice(s) of GATE examination cities
- A high-quality image of the candidate’s photograph conforming to the requirements specified
- Good quality image of candidate’s signature conforming to the requirements specified
- Scanned copy of valid photo Identity Document (ID) (The same ID, in original, MUST be carried to the examination hall)
- Scanned copy of Category (SC / ST) certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of PwD Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Scanned copy of Dyslexic Certificate (if applicable) in pdf format
- Net-banking / debit card/credit card / wallet details for fee payment.
How To Apply For GATE 2022 Exam?
Candidates who want to apply for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering can apply online through the newly launched portal @ gate.iitkgp.ac.in.
- Head-on to the official site @ gate.iitkgp.ac.in.
- The home page of the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) appears.
- Check for the Gate 2022 IIT Kharagpur Registration link.
- Once you find it, tap on it to start the process.
- Submit all the details required.
|GATE 2022- Important Link|
|To Apply For IIT Kharagpur GATE 2022||Click Here (Available Now)|
|IIT Kharagpur GATE 2022 – Mock Test||Click Here (Available Now)|
|IIT Kharagpur GATE 2022 Notification||Click Here|
GATE 2022 Admit Card
Admit cards for IIT Kharagpur GATE 2022 will be released on GATE 2022 website on 7th January. Then we extract the direct link and present it on this page to reduce the risk of searching for the link at the official site. Candidates can directly download it from this page. The candidates will not receive a printed copy of their Admit Cards.
On the date and time specified on the Gate Admit Card 2022, the candidate must appear at the GATE 2022 Examination Center. Candidates must bring a print-out of the downloaded Admit Card on A4 sized paper to the examination for verification along with the original and valid photo Identity proof.
GATE 2022 Exam Pattern
- Examination for all the 29 subjects (papers) will be conducted as Online Computer Based Test (CBT).
- All Test Papers of GATE 2022 examinations will be entire of objective type. The pattern of questions will include some Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ), while the remaining questions may include Multiple Select Questions (MSQ) and/or Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions.
- The duration of the Gate 2022 exam is three hours.
- Some questions will be of the Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type in the online examination papers. There are 1 and 2 marks questions.
- Negative marking if choose the incorrect answer in MCQ. A wrong answer will be deducted 1/3 mark for a 1-mark MCQ. Similarly, if you answer incorrectly on a 2-mark MCQ, you will lose 2/3 of your grade.
GATE 2022 Syllabus
GATE 2022 now includes Naval Architecture and Geomatics Engineering (GE). There are now 29 subject papers in total. As per your Branch, you can check and the GATE 2022 syllabus from the below-given link.
Check: GATE Syllabus
GATE 2022 Result
The higher authorities of the IIT Kharagpur will declare the results for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2022 online on 17th March 2022. Once on the official release of the result, candidates can instantly download it from this page.
We hope you find this article to be worthwhile. Candidates can check this article and our website @ exams.freshersnow.com often as we update this article duly on the official GATE 2022 announcements.
|★ You Can Also Check ★|
|GATE Mock Test Link||GATE Books|
|GATE Syllabus||GATE Previous Year Question Papers|
|GATE Admit Card||GATE Login|
|GATE Answer Key||GATE Result|
|GATE Cut Off||GATE Paper Analysis|
|How To Prepare For GATE||GATE Exam Dates|
GATE 2022 – Frequently Asked Questions
Is there any age limit to appear for GATE 2022?
No. There is no age limit to appear for GATE 2022.
When will the GATE 2022 Online Application Process open?
The GATE 2022 Online Application Process opens on 2nd September 2021.
What are the two new papers added in GATE 2022?
Naval Architecture and Geomatics Engineering (GE) are the two new papers added in GATE 2022.
Which institute is going to initiate GATE 2022?
The GATE 2022 is going to be initiated by IIT Kharagpur.
Are there any restrictions on the number of times one can appear for GATE?
NO. One can appear for the GATE examination any number of times.