CLAT Syllabus 2023 PDF Download | Check CLAT UG, PG Exam Pattern: We have provided the latest CLAT Syllabus 2023 in this article. So, the applicants can check and prepare for the Common Entrance Admission Test (CLAT). Further, the officials of the Consortium of National Law Universities (NLU’S) will conduct the examination to provide admissions into BA LLB, B.Sc LLB, BBA LLB, B.Com LLB, BSW LLB, and, LLM Courses. Therefore, the competitors need to check all the sections which are provided in this article. Check the link provided below and then start preparing for the test.
CLAT Exam for UG shall be a 2-hour test, with 150 multiple-choice questions carrying 1 mark each. There shall be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer. PG CLAT Exam will be of 120 objective-type questions carrying 1 mark each. There shall be a negative marking of 0.25 marks for every wrong answer.
- 1 CLAT Syllabus 2023 – Details
- 2 Common Law Admission Test Pattern 2023 | UG, PG
- 3 Download CLAT Exam Syllabus 2023 PDF
- 4 CLAT Syllabus 2022 Download Link
CLAT Syllabus 2023 – Details
|Name Of The Organization||Consortium of National Law Universities (NLU’S)|
|Name Of The Examination||Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)|
|Category||Entrance Exam Syllabus|
|Courses Offered||BA LLB, B.Sc LLB, BBA LLB, B.Com LLB, BSW LLB, and, LLM|
Common Law Admission Test Pattern 2023 | UG, PG
All the applicants before starting their preparation need to know about the pattern of the examination. Therefore, we have arranged all the data related to the CLAT Exam Pattern 2023 in this section. Thus, the contenders need to check the details and prepare for the examination.
CLAT UG Pattern
- 0.25 Mark for each wrong answer will be reduced
- All the questions are of multiple-choice
|Name of the Subject||No of Marks||Total Time Provided|
|English Language||28-32 questions, or roughly 20% of the paper||2 hour (120 minutes)|
|General Knowledge and Current Affairs||35-39 questions, or roughly 25% of the paper|
|Quantitative Techniques||13-17 questions, or roughly 10% of the paper|
|Legal Reasoning||35-39 questions, or roughly 25% of the paper|
|Logical Reasoning||28-32 questions, or roughly 20% of the paper|
|Total Questions, Marks||150 Questions, 150 Marks|
CLAT PG Exam Pattern
- Maximum Marks: 120 Marks
- Duration of exam: 2:00 Hours
- Multiple-Choice Questions: 120 questions of one mark each
- 0.25 Mark will be deducted for each wrong answer
- Constitutional Law
- Other areas of law such as Jurisprudence, Administrative Law, Law of Contract, Torts, Family Law, Criminal Law, Property Law, Company Law, Public International Law, Tax Law, Environmental Law, and Labour & Industrial Law
Download CLAT Exam Syllabus 2023 PDF
In this section of the UG-CLAT 2023, you will be provided passages of about 450 words each. These passages will be derived from contemporary or historically significant fiction and non-fiction writing, and would be of a standard that a 12th standard student may be able to read in about 5-7 minutes.
Each passage will be followed by a series of questions that will require you to demonstrate your comprehension and language skills, including your abilities to:
- Read and comprehend the main point discussed in the passage, as well as any arguments and viewpoints discussed or set out in the passage;
- Draw inferences and conclusions based on the passage;
- Summarise the passage;
- Compare and contrast the different arguments or viewpoints set out in the passage; and
Understand the meaning of various words and phrases used in the passage.
Current Affairs Including General Knowledge
In this section, you will be provided passages of up to 450 words each. The passages will be derived from news, journalistic sources, and other non-fiction writing. The questions may include an examination of legal information or knowledge discussed in or related to the passage, but would not require any additional knowledge of the law beyond the passage. Each passage will be followed by a series of questions that will require you to demonstrate your awareness of various aspects of current affairs and general knowledge, including:
- Contemporary events of significance from India and the world;
- Arts and culture;
- International affairs; and
- Historical events of continuing significance.
In this section, you will be expected to read passages of around 450 words each. The passages may relate to fact situations or scenarios involving legal matters, public policy questions or moral philosophical enquiries. You will not require any prior knowledge of law. You will benefit from a general awareness of contemporary legal and moral issues to better apply general principles or propositions to the given fact scenarios.
Each passage would be followed by a series of questions that will require you to:
- Identify and infer the rules and principles set out in the passage;
- Apply such rules and principles to various fact situations; and
- Understand how changes to the rules or principles may alter their application to various fact situations.
The Logical Reasoning section of the UG-CLAT 2023 will include a series of short passages of about 300 words each. Each passage will be followed by one or more questions that will require you to:
- Recognize an argument, its premises and conclusions;
- Read and identify the arguments set out in the passage;
- Critically analyse patterns of reasoning, and assess how conclusions may depend on particular premises or evidence;
- Infer what follows from the passage and apply these inferences to new situations;
- Draw relationships and analogies, identify contradictions and equivalence, and assess the effectiveness of arguments.
The Quantitative Techniques section of the UG-CLAT 2023 will include short sets of facts or propositions, graphs, or other textual, pictorial or diagrammatic representations of numerical information, followed by a series of questions. You will be required to derive information from such passages, graphs, or other representations, and apply mathematical operations to such information. The questions will require you to:
- Derive, infer, and manipulate numerical information set out in such passages, graphs, or other representations; and
- Apply various 10th standard mathematical operations on such information, including from areas such as ratios and proportions, basic algebra, mensuration, and statistical estimation.
The paper will be based on the mandatory subjects of the undergraduate program and include Constitutional Law, Jurisprudence, Administrative Law, Law of Contract, Torts, Family Law, Criminal Law, Property Law, Company Law, Public International Law, Tax Law, Environmental Law, and Labour & Industrial Law.
CLAT Syllabus 2022 Download Link
|CLAT Syllabus 2022 – Important Links|
|To Download CLAT UG Syllabus 2023||Click Here|
|To Download CLAT PG Syllabus 2023||Click Here|
Still, for individuals having any queries related to the CLAT Syllabus 2023, then you can leave a comment in the below comment box. Follow Exams.freshersnow.com to get further updates.
|★ You Can Also Check ★|
|Best Books For CLAT||How To Prepare For CLAT|
|CLAT||CLAT Previous Question Papers|
|CLAT Admit Card||CLAT Answer Key|
|CLAT Result||CLAT Counselling|
|CLAT Seat Allotment Result|